This house was built in 1746 by the sergeant major of cavalry Francisco Montañés, who had inherited the entailed estate of his house, as the coat of arms over the lintel of the door testifies. There are three floors with a mezzanine and a magnificent square patio where the woodwork stands out, especially the zoomorphic motifs of the drains. During the restoration works in the 80s, some interesting frescoes with neo-Arabic and Pompeian decoration appeared on the walls of the upper floor, as well as a representation of the Virgin of Candelaria, attributable to Cristóbal Hdez. de Quintana. It is currently the headquarters of the Consultative Council of the Government of the Canary Islands.