Skip to main content

The Ermita de San Juan Bautista is part of a historical, fairly important estate in the village of Bajamar. It dates from 1628 and was under the patronage of the governor and Captain General of Canary Islands who was the nephew of the founding sisters, María and Catalina de Vargas, daughters of Agustín Rengifo de Vargas. In the latter half of the 17th century it passed on to the Tabares family.

It is small, square and low and has a wooden roof; the image it houses is made of wood and dates from the time of its foundation.