Skip to main content

Although it was rebuilt at the beginning of the 19th century, it was already included in the 1779 map of M. Le Chevalier as Cruz de los Álamos (“Cross of the Poplars”), which was later known as Capilla de la Plaza de San Francisco (“Chapel of Saint Francis Square”).

The old wooden cross, decorated with the insignia of the Passion, later to be covered with embossed silver plates, is preserved in its interior.