Skip to main content

In 1654 Claudio Bigot, a French merchant from Rouen, built his house in the old street of the Mesoneros (“Innkeepers”), nowadays Herradores (“Blacksmiths”), on the site of an old wine cellar.

It is a magnificent example of the domestic architecture of the time, with three floors and a balcony richly decorated with diamond-shaped panels carved with geometric motifs.

Since its origin, the first floor had a commercial use, as attested by the will of its first owner, who used to own a haberdashery here.